Search This Blog

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Let It Go


Way before Frozen made “Let it Go” an over-sung household mantra, my attempts to let go gave me periodic headaches.
Once I get attached, whether to a person, relationship, activity, or idea, I tend to hang on—even after what others plainly see as the expiration date.
Over the years, I’ve been chided for searching for the pony in the room full of pony-doo, and beating the horse until way after it is dead. There was even a decade when I proudly displayed a “When Life Gives You Lemons” poster, oblivious to the notion that it might be wiser to ditch sour lemons than make lemonade.
So here’s my current dilemma. A couple of years ago, three women a.k.a. “broads” and I decided to start a blog. In creating 4Broadminds, we each had our own goals. Two and a half years later, our goals have been met.
A while back, we asked ourselves whether 4Broadminds had run its course. On some level, I knew it had, but true to form, I found it hard to let go. My 4Broadmind’s posts have helped me soul-search, connect, and recently, been a lifeline in figuring out how to live with cancer. There are definitely more posts churning inside me. I kept asking myself, what happens to them if I let 4Broadminds go?
Then I remembered something a wise person taught me about letting go.
Letting go doesn’t mean I can’t continue to have some version of whatever I'm clutching in my life. When I finally let it go, I make room for something new and different—and maybe even better—to grow in its place.
And so 4Broadminds, it is time to let go.
I’ll miss the camaraderie of co-blogging with Chris, Julie, and Mary. I suspect there's a new blog inside me. It’s still percolating—the ups and downs of everyday life and values, the love and support of family and friends, living with cancer. I’m toying with calling it, Life on Purpose 
It’s meant so much to get to know you through your comments and to let you get to know me. Your support and encouragement are priceless. Thank you.
Stay tuned for the next chapter.
Love,
Carol

9 comments:

  1. I will miss all the blogs and have enjoyed the glances into all your lives. They often helped me confirm I wasn't crazy or over-thinking. With that I say thank you for opening your lives to us and may each of you continue to have 'one more blog' bubbling to the surface. Blessings <3 M.A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Anne, I've enjoyed keeping in touch through your faithful comments. And, love that our posts confirmed you aren't crazy :) Blessings back to you. carol xoxox

      Delete
  2. Carol,

    It was fun traveling with you on this blogging journey. Like you, I processed many of my own passages in the writing and responses, and it's almost like reading a brief history of my last two years when I read through my posts. I wonder if I have a blog in my future too. Count me in as a guest blogger when you launch your new gig.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great sharing the journey with you. You are definitely on the list of guests when I figure out where the new road leads

      Delete
  3. It's sad when thins end but there's always that chance of something new beginning. Good luck with everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly, I'm definitely on board for new beginnings in the new year. all the best, carol

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to read about this; it's the end of an era. And yet, I do believe that when one thing ends, it makes room for other things. 4 Broad Minds was an important collaboration for me, and I'm inviting more and more collaborating into my life these days. I look forward to seeing more of your writing Carol, Mary and Chris, wherever it may be :) Goodbye 4 Broad Minds, hello next chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, looking forward to more of your writing, too, and to exploring more ways we can support each other's writing

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete